Thursday, January 19, 2006

So....

So here I am, sitting here (as you might have guessed, or maybe you didn't) trying to think up things to tell you all that will be witty, insightful, thought-provoking, or funny to say to you guys and my mind is drawing a blank. I guess genius journal entries aren't to be commanded at will. It doesn't help that I read amazing journals with awesome writers and can see my own ability wither before my eyes.

Even in the blogging world, there are still the "cheerleaders" that I'm incredibly jealous of. They have it all. Nice layouts (even worse when they create their own!), witty and wonderful entries, and comments to choke a chicken. (not that I advocate chokings of chickens). And I, I'm still the girl on the sidelines wishing I had it all.

That sounds all rather depressing doesn't it? Really, I'm not depressed about it, just GREEEEN with envy. I used to think that all I wanted in life was to be able to sing beautifully. Now, I wish that I could blog/journal with all the elements I love reading.

I think the biggest difference is how wonderful of story tellers some women (not that men can't be either, I just have only really found women written blogs that I read consistantly) can be. Even in the retelling of the days events it's a story rather than a list of what's going on. I love that. I love reading stories. I feel I just report lists. "We did this, went here, gotta do that and well that's all for now..."

So, in my attempt at trying to change my life so that I complain less and do more, I'm going to try and write the way I'd want to read. If that makes sense. And hopefully I won't just feel I'm copying my favorite journalers.

With that said... I have absolutely nothing to write about. Hehe! Whee! This is going to be interesting.

I've just had some random thoughts. Like... why is it your parents make you think they are so much smarter than you, full of life experiance and wisdom and then.... need you to tell them how to get to the next level on the Playstation when 1. You've either never played that game ever OR 2. You haven't gotten that far? Ok so not everyone's parents play the PS, and my own mother doesn't either but when I was a teenager, she played our Super Nintendo (so obsolete, I know I'm old) and constantly would ask me how to do stuff in the game when I hadn't even reached that level myself. She just assumed I know everything and to this day, if it is technical or computer related, I'm like her 'guru'. I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse. Although I'd like to be thought a genius when it comes to the computer..... it clearly is not easy figuring out the predicaments my mother gets into when she gets on her computer. Mind you, one time, she thought she had 2 different Window98's on her computer, or the time she tried passwording everything to keep my younger sister out and only succeeded in locking her own self out. Hehe.

The Wee One is saying words, and like every mother, I keep meaning to write them down for posterity (as if he's never going to say them again, right?) Mainly, I keep thinking I need to write them down so that I don't sound like an idiot at the Pediatrician's. Ha! Too late. The last visit we had with the Ped, she was asking me questions about the Kidlet and for some reason my brain wires crossed (as oft to happen) and I got it in my head she was talking about the Wee One. She asked if he could wash his hands and I was thinking, "He's so little. He doesn't know how to wash his own hands." but not wanting to sound like my child is behind developmentally, I say, "Well kind of, he puts his hands under the water but really doesn't wash wash them himself."

Did I say she was talking about The Kidlet? Who's six years old...... To bad I didn't realize what I said when I said it and ended up realizing what she ment 2 days later. So now she thinks my six year old son just likes to put his hands under the water but can't wash them himself. Oy.

Oh words, yes. The Wee One is saying words. He can say juice, bus, march (although it comes out "botch" which in turns sounds like "bitch") Dora, Blue and no. He tries to say 'clock' but often leaves the 'L" out of it. Fun times.

Just when I decide to do the Thursday Thirteen, it goes poof into oblivion. Coincidence? I think.. so!

Today is the Hunk's 40th Birthday and I have no gift for him. I have no cake mix and frosting in the house to make him a cake, not that he'd be home to eat it. We did make some homemade cards though and it's the thought that counts. I'm sure if I wrack my brain cell really hard I can think of something he'll really enjoy. He hasn't acted like turning 40 has bothered him in any way. I think he's in a place in his life where he's happy. He loves his job, he has a wife and 2 beautiful boys and an SUV. All he's missing is the mortgage. I asked him if he could have any plastic surgery procedure in the world done, what, if anything, would he do? (I'm often inclined to ask these sort of profound introspectual (is that a word?) questions). He said he wouldn't have anything done or at least couldn't think of anything. I thought that spoke volumes for his self-esteeem and confidence. There's nothing he'd change with the knife. I can't say the same of myself (admittedly though, I probably wouldn't have any surgery if I could help it because I'm a chicken but there's tons of things that I could name that could be improved with it).

When I asked if he would considering having a procedure about his hair (he's balding) he just shrugged and said he hadn't thought about it. I wish I was where he was at with my own self image. I know there are things he wants to change like stop smoking (which we have a don't bring up policy. He doesn't bring up my weight issue, I don't bring up the smoking issue) and he said he wants to start doing some stomach crunches because his jeans are tight now that he has to wear long johns under his clothes to work. As you can see from the pictures below, the man likes tight jeans anyway.

Mmmmm tight jeans....

Where was I? Oh, the Hunk's birthday. Happy Birthday Pooky! I love you!

I've spent a long time on this entry and denied the blankets in the dryer. I'm off to do the whole Betty Homemaker routine.

TTFN!

P.S.
(And because I didn't have enough parentheses in my entry, here's a few more)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

oh, apparently Thursday Thirteen was adopted by someone else :)

http://www.mysuspensionofdisbelief.com/?page_id=208