Thursday, January 05, 2006

Getting settled in

I've been trying to think of what I wanted my next entry to be but I'm coming up short on ideas. I could probably go into the day-to-day stuff of the Kidlet doing well in school, being able to read simple books on his own, and rattling off math facts like crazy. He amazes me.

The Wee One is starting to rattle off words. He's talking in babbles 98% of the time and I don't understand him but every once in a while he'll mimic, "Daddy's at work", "That's a ball", "There's a ball", "book", "daddy/mama", and of course, "no". They aren't perfect by any means but it is what I think he's saying. He occasionally says car as gog and Grandma as "na-mah". He will not eat. Pretty much anything I put infront of him is something he doesn't like except mac and cheese and I can only handle so much of that. I keep trying to introduce foods to him, if he doesn't like it, come back a few weeks later. But so far he's a smart cookie and gives me the look of, "I wouldn't eat that the first time, you think I'm going to do different now?" About the only thing he eats without question is saltine crackers and milk.

The Hunk is doing fabulously at his job and he's still loving it. He's learning a lot and he and his boss get along really well. He's the startup supervisor for ****** department which he's happy with because he's only been working there for 6 mo. and that position usually is for people who have been there a while. It's not a promotion in terms of pay, technically it is just a latteral move but the fact that he's trusted to be there feels like a promotion to him. He's also happy that his hours will change. He'll be working more from 3 to midnight instead of getting home anywhere from 3-6 a.m. The drawback to this new position is that he won't be picking up the Kidlet from the bus in the afternoons. This means that he'll only see him for 10-30 minutes in the mornings, be gone before the Kidlet comes home and come home after the Kidlet has gone to bed, for five of seven days of the week. He's pretty unhappy about that as he misses us and the kids enough as it is.

As for me? I'm doing ok. My coughing is improving finally. I've worked out 3 days in a row and my muscles have the attitude to prove it. I've been drinking so much water I think that I'm growing gills. It just tastes so good to me. We are pretty much going through warm front after warm front and the temperatures are about to gob ack up into the 70's again through the weekend. The house gets warm and I get thirsty. Nothing quenches thirst like cold water.

Michele- So good to see you again! The Hello Kitty layout rocked and I had it for probably more than half a year. There were other HK layouts by the designer but I couldn't decide on a second one because I had loved the first so much. I nearly went with a little shopping HK though! I'm sure we'll be seeing more of that little kitty in the future.

Stacy- I lost your email. I'm dying to know if you had the twins or not yet. If you are still reading, please email me or comment or something so I can get a hold of you!

I got three new movies from Netflix that I'm excited to watch (Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Monster-in-law, Batman Begins) so I think I'm going to head off and do that.

Later gators!

No comments: