Saturday, January 21, 2006

Quite a night

I had a huge scare last night that left my heart racing. Naturally, the first thing I thought of was, "I'll have something to journal about!"

I was sitting on my couch, enjoying season 4 - disk 3 of Highlander: The Series with Adrian Paul. For those of you who know me know that Adrian Paul is my original obsession and who is now only second to Gerard. Anyway, I was sitting there enjoying the episode, oh 'round about midnight. Suddenly, there was a HUGE BANGING knock at my front door.

You know the knock that only the cops can be responsible for.

I get up, not wanting to answer the door and not intending to. I'm home alone with two sleeping boys in the other room. I look out the peep hole (which mind you is about 10,000 feet above my head) and see no one.

I was skeered by this time, I tell you. Then I see a cop move into the peep hole line of sight. Ok, cops are the good guys right? All I can think about is the fact that these might be imposter cops and they were going to push their way into my house and heaven only knows do what. I couldn't *not* answer the door though because... they could be real cops!

I opened the door and they asked if *some woman's name* was here and I said I didn't know any woman by that name. The cop was holding a paper that I can only assume was an arrest warrent and by the way him and his partner were standing, I think they were ready for 2 things to happen. This *woman's name* would try and cut and run out on them or that someone was going to come out shooting. They were both standing out of the line of sight of the peep hole, and one was standing far off behind him with his hand on his gun.

The second cop, upon seeing me joined his partner at the door and asked how long I have lived here. I told him a year and the first cop said that *woman's name* used to live in my apt. and would it be possible to see some ID just for verification. I said sure, come in (wasn't I just freaked out about them being imposters? I totally would be the first one dead in a slasher flick) and I got my wallet and showed him. He smiled and said he was sorry to disturb me (even used my name) and then left.

I think I forgot to mention, that naturally, these two cops were HOT AS HELL. Oh and did I mention it was midnight and I was in the UGLIEST pj's that I could possibly own? Oh and that my hair had not been combed since the afternoon and I had absolutely no makeup on (as most women don't when they are at home, at midnight, and not going anywhere).

Totally figures.

In the end, all I can think is thank god the house was clean and thank god they believed me and didn't want to search the rest of the house (and wake up the boys and see my bathrooms that are in much need of scrubbing). As you might have guessed, the first thing I did after the two hunky cops left was call the Hunk himself to tell him of my ordeal. He laughed (bastard) and said he was glad we were ok and really wonders who lived at our apt. before us because this is the 3rd time that cops or deputy sherrifs have come looking for someone. The other two times were for a guy. This is, however, the first time that they have come so late at night and looking like they were definitely about to arrest someone. The cop car sat outside for at least an hour after they knocked on my door. I guess they were looking for this woman to possibly still be in the complex. I don't know.

Pretty exciting huh? I know, nothing exciting ever happens to this little stay at home mommy but I figured this event definitely warrented (warrent, ha! I slay me) telling.