Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Changing The Little Things

Today I got up early and I went to pick up Carebear and her daughter. We went to JoAnn's so that we could see if they had any kind of charms so that I can make earrings for her daughter's slumber party. She's getting all sorts of goodies together to make up goodie baskets for the little girls that are coming over. It's going to be a lot of fun (11 tweens in one house with oodles of sugar, pizza and popcorn provided) and I get to help!

After we went to JoAnn's we went to Ross next door and I got to see a lot of great dresses that they have there. They are really really affordable! Of course, I didn' t have any money but they were still affordable. I know where I'm going to be shopping when I want to get something nice and summery. They had cute shoes and lots of things for the house. I might have found a new favorite store.

After shopping we came back to my house and all of us worked out to Biggest Loser BootCamp and then did a 30 minute stretch video. It was fun to have all of us there and I'm proud to say that no one got hit, kicked or slapped in the process considering my living room is small and at a weird angle to the teevee. Carebear's daughter couldn't do all the flexability stretches and that somehow made us women feel better because she's young and so flexible that it just validated in our minds that we aren't old, it actually IS hard.

I tried taking a nap this afternoon but I'm still achey enough that I couldn't find a comfortable position. I've been watching the show "I Lost It" on Discovery Health that I have DVR'd. I don't think they are making any new episodes because I haven't come across any that I haven't seen but it is still nice to get inspiration of people that have lost the weight. Most stories do involve gastric bypass, but seeing how people got to where they did with their weight and how their lives have changed once it came off is what I like to see.

I remember the very first time I undertook the daunting task of trying to lose weight. I got on the internet and I searched for every possible weight loss success story that I could find. I wanted to know that it was real and achievable. I saw so many people that had lost weight and they didn't have anything that I didn't have. There wasn't a magic wand in their story, nor were there magic pills or a weight loss fairy that came to their house instead. No fairy godmothers, no wishing wells... just simple hard work and motivation. It helped me so much to see that I had all the tools they had within reach. I wanted to surround myself with success and in turn, I was successful at losing weight.

I'm going to go shower, and maybe put some make-up on. It's something that I want to incorporate into my life again. So often I get in a rut of not making myself pretty because honestly, who's going to see me? I am a stay at home mom and like a lot of Mom's it's just so much easier to throw your hair up in a pony tail and not worry about make-up. But I see myself so I want to take better care for my appearance. I want to actually get dressed everyday and in clothes that I'm not going to worry about people seeing me in. I want to start taking better care of my skin. I've already been polishing my nails and even that little thing has made me feel prettier. It's all apart of telling yourself through actions that you are worthy of looking nice, of feeling like you look good. I think I fell so far into frumpy that you don't realize your outsides match your insides of just feeling 'blah'. Mom's especially tend to ignore themselves because they put everyone else's needs. Soo, in this whole attempt to change the momentum of my life, I'm going to try changing the small things too.

1 comment:

{CARRIE} said...

That is so smart. I have to go to work early tommorow so Cliff can have the car, and I have decided to take my makeup to work and put it on while I sit there and wait to clock in. You inspire me. Your frienship and mutal goals motivate me.