Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Woo Blogger!

So I'm still trying to get used to things over here at Chez Blogspot. I've introduced my friend Carebear to the online journal community and she has set up her own blogspot website as well! You should have seen us trying to get this account set up. It was hilarious!

She hadn’t been familiar with the online journaling community and when she found out I had one she checked it out and decided she wanted to create one for herself. I pointed her in the right direction of Blogger, which in my opinion is the best free journaling service. There may be new ones out there that are better but I’m partial to Blogger after having come from Diaryland (blasphemy!) She got her website set up then the shenanigans ensued. She couldn’t remember what her actual website address was, and then when we figured it out, it was so long that I had a hard time remembering what it was and it took me about 5 tries of her nearly spelling it out for me to actually get it in my address bar. Then we found her a pretty sunset layout and all the controls were different so I wasn’t sure how to upload the new .xml files that can change the appearance of websites. Finally I found it, she filled out her profile and then I couldn’t get to it because there was no link on her website! So after becoming a ‘team member’ on her site I finally managed to get my hands on the code and put a link in.

Needless to say this is new to her but she is excited about being able to journal online and have people come over to her site. You can go visit Carebear here.

Helping Carebear out with her journal reminded me a lot of when I first started journaling 7 years ago almost to the day (June 28th) on Diaryland. I’ve been through several entries over there, 97% of them being weight loss related, and it’s so interesting the things I thought back then. I was a lot more positive about being successful at weight loss. Sometimes I think though that most of my entries were honestly trying to convince myself that I could do it. I miss those days though of seeing myself meet small goals. I struggled a lot I’ve noticed and I kinda forgot that I did. All I remember is a 60 lb. weight loss and the clothes I could fit into and the thinner way I looked. Re-reading those entries I saw that I was far from perfect which does give me some consolation for the present. I did manage to meet more goals back then in terms of exercise and I want to get back to that.

I got into a big slump after I gained about 3 pounds after I started working out and I’ve just totally given up on exercise and eating and basically the entire idea of ever losing weight permanently. I know that I can’t think that way because I will just make what I fear come true. I’ll never get this weight off. I haven’t worked out in a week but I’m going to start back up again and I’m going to do those old tapes that I did before because I know they made a difference. It is going to be really hard but if I did it at almost 300 lbs then, I can surely do it now.

In other news, I’m going to New Mexico in three weeks!! My sister and her husband are driving all the way out here to get me and the wee people. I’m going to stay for two weeks and then they are going to be bringing us back home. I’m going to be staying with my older sister but my mom and and dad don’t live too far away that I’ll be able to see them all the time. Hunter has never been to New Mexico and I can’t wait to see his reaction of actual mountains and forests. Not to mention just wide open spaces to run around in. He doesn’t have that here. They both have a cousin their own age, although Hunter’s cousin is a girl so he might not be as pleased to want to play with her as he would a boy but kids have the gifted ability of being able to make friends anywhere and who knows, he might even enjoy tea parties. I’m not leaving for another three weeks but I am taking the camcorder, the digital camera and yes, I am actually taking my computer with me too! My Mom’s computer has a lot of things wrong with it and I’m not sure about my sister’s computer but I think it isn’t in stellar working order either and I just can’t handle New Mexico with crappy computers! Not to mention I have so many pictures I want to show my family that are all on the computer. I shouldn’t be too much extra room taken up by computer and monitor. They keyboard I’m using is slim like a laptop keyboard and I can fit that and my mouse into my suitcase. I’m only going to have one large suitcase because I think I can get all the clothes for me and the boys in one big suitcase. It’s just 2 weeks and they do have washer and dryers.

Mmm, Himself just cooked me lunch! Starrrving!

Later cookies!

No comments: