Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Realizations

You know, I feel good right now. Not just because I worked out today but because I made the choice to do something good for my body. This morning while I was washing dishes I realized, honestly, in full color that getting thin just isn't going to "happen". I'm not going to grow older and thinner simultaneously. It just doesn't happen that way. In the dark recesses of my mind and heart I honestly thought I would. I never thought that I would be having to "get back to" a weight that I was the year previous, or two years previous. I never thought I would have to mark occasions in my life like my wedding day and try and get back to that weight or under that weight. Sure, I always needed to loose weight, but I mean I thought you just grew out of being fat, eventually. It sounds stupid huh? To think that way? But I think that there are people that do. I know I was one of them. I kind of wanted to cry for that girl, who thought that way, because she was so disillusioned. I had wasted so much time...

You just can't get around being overweight except to work at not being that way anymore. Simply put. There just is no other way in the world to get thinner than what you are now than to make it happen for yourself and by finding out how to go about it.

Life is a buffet right? And we can wait and wait and wait to even get in line and by the time we do all the good stuff is gone and we are standing there looking at everyone else, longing to have what they all seem to have on their plates. In the end we just wish that we would of done something to get in there and get what we had wanted. Well we have to! We have to be selfish for ourselves because no one else will be. If we want something in life we have to take it because there is no fairy standing by the food picking out all the best stuff to bring us on a silver platter, it just isn't going to happen people.

Get in there and make your life meaningful. Be who you want to be, regardless of weight. If you can't do that being the size that you are, take steps to change that. Get in there, get the best parts of life!! Who are you not to deserve it? You breathe, eat, sleep, fart, feel, cry, laugh, think, love, and hate like ever other human being. You are good enough to exist in this universe, you are good enough to have what the universe/God/Spirit (or whatever you call your higher being) has to give. We deserve happiness and we have the right to choose to be happy.

So, when you're up at that big buffet called life, picking out all the good stuff for yourself, if you happen to see that fairy with her silver platter and goodies...do me a favor and slap her for me.

1 comment: