Friday, June 26, 2009

Unexpected Awesomeness

So I had some unexpected awesomeness tonight. My friend Carebear and I had made plans to go out to dinner tonight. We haven’t been out in a long time and life just keeps getting in the way so I finally was able to meet up with her and we went to IHOP then headed to walmart where we looked at near everything but baby stuff, food and electronics. It was hillarious because we went to the sporting goods section where all the exercise equipment was and she starts getting on the recumbant bikes and then I get on the eliptical and we’re giggling as we’re trying to use the displays. I told her they were going to kick us out, “Fat people on exercise equipment, Fat people on exercise equipment.” going over the PA as the security guards come for us.

From there, she asked an employee if he knew where the scales were because that was my original purpose for going in the store. He didn’t know and went over to ask a good looking electronic’s employee and I embarassedly turned to her and said, “Oh man, two fat chicks asking where the scales are.” Again, laughter ensued. So we found the scales and they had a few ‘working’ ones and so we weighed ourselves, naturally after we ate a big dinner and we were like trying to subtract a few pounds for that, and we had to pee so another half pound for that, and shoes so 2 more pounds for that. So we pretty much were 10 lbs. lighter than what the scales said. Rock!

We went to the jewelry counter where her Mom works and we tried on some rings. I found this beautiful ring in sterling silver that looks similar to my wedding bands. Himself and I picked out our wedding bands when we got married but they didn’t have much of a selection in the silver or white gold that they had and I was just so happy he wanted to even buy me a ring I wasn’t going to complain when he picked out a yellow gold bridal set! I just prefer silver. I even told him on that day that for our 10 year anniversary he could buy me a silver anniversary ring. Hehe. I kept telling him that through the years but when the time came for our 10 year anniversary we just didn’t have the money. They have a layaway plan but it would cost about 10 dollars a week for six months and we just really can’t spare the extra right now. I’m hoping that we’ll be able to eventually when we renew our vows. I’m not sure when that will be but Carebear is conspiring to get Himself in on the planning, and help him put it together. Even though technically we’re putting it together. :)

We’d decided after weighing ourselves that we need to really get serious about our health and fitness and started making grand plans. She asked to borrow an exercise DVD because it’s just too hard to get over to each other’s house to exercise 4 times a week, and not to mention it’s bloody hot outside. Neither one of us wants to suffer heatstroke at 8 a.m. when the temperate is up to 98 already. When it starts cooling off we’ll take off to walk in the park as man times a week as we can but at least one time a week. I’m still hoping we can work out at either house once a week until then. We’ll see how it goes. Between family schedules and work schedules it might be hit and miss for a while but it’s ok as long as we are working out at home, even if it is separately.

I’m pretty excited. I want this to work. I want to shed some pounds and get back to a weight that I felt, at one time, comfortable in. I think we have set ourselves for some very realistic goals. I know that I worked out for a week and a half about 2 or so weeks ago but I haven’t since then and this was just the kick in the pants that I needed to get started again. I’m not expecting to be a size 8, and I’m not even expecting to look much different before the end of summer when I want to renew my vows, but I know that I’m going to feel better in my own skin and in feeling better, your entire attitude towards yourself changes and I can’t wait to just feel good in my own skin.

Oh did I mention that while Carebear was here she told me she’d never seen Richard Simmon’s Sweatin’ To The Oldies? I put it on for her and she said, “Ok girl, here we go.” and she totally wanted us to work out to Richard! I haven’t watched that tape in years. LOL Well obviously I wasn’t going to let her workout alone and not after we had talked about all these grand plans we had so I worked out with her and we definitely sweated to the oldies! It went by pretty fast, as stuff like that does when you have someone to do it with. So I was glad and proud that she made us do it, even though it was like 11 p.m. at night. Afterward I took her home and we talked a bit more about our plans and our children and how important this is for them too. All in all, it was a pretty great night.

Speaking of nights, I must, must go to bed. I’m so tired and I’ll probably be sore tomorrow too!

Night, cookies.

No comments: