Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Off The Hook

The round baby blanket is finally, after several months, off the hook and finished! Ok so I didn't work on it continuously all those months but still, I'm glad to be finally done with it. I think it came out really well. Not perfect but you can't really tell. It ripples a bit but I'm hoping that washing it will help take some of that out. By the last round, I was crocheting 650+ stitches. Yikes! Needless to say, I was getting really bored with it as there was barely any variation once the center was finished. (You'll also have to forgive my naked mattress, I had just stripped it to wash sheets and it was the only place big enough to lay the blanket out!)

12 Point Star Baby Blanket
Yarn: Baby Soft
Color: Kid Print
Hook Size: H
Size: 38 1/4" from point to point
Pattern: I will post as soon as I can find it again...



This is a gift for my nephew-in-law and his girlfriend (they might be married by now though..) as they are expecting their first.

I guess I better get some new baby yarn because my youngest sister is now expecting baby #3. I just found out. Hopefully her streak of having a girl will continue and I can put some of those baby dresses I made to some good use.

No comments: