Friday, July 20, 2007

Don’t read if you’re squeamish… or eating.

Earlier this week (Wednesday) the boys went over to Aunti Fun's house. (She's not a blood relation but their Aunti all the same) They played in the sprinker, kiddie water pool and ran around the backyard endlessly having tons and tons of fun. The Wee One received his first (and I hope last) bee sting on his finger. You will all be happy to know that he is not allergic and once the pain went away he proudly showed off his newest war wound. Apparently the bee landed on his leg and he went to grab it off when he got stung.

Last night, the Kidlet came to me in my bedroom where I was reading and the Hunk was laying next to me staring at the ceiling (sometimes he just likes to be close), and said that he didn't feel well. That his stomach hurt and he felt like he was going to throw up. We told him to go lay down and that if he had to throw up to run to the bathroom. He fell asleep for a little while, woke up and promptly threw up within the first 10 minutes.

I was up with him all night until 6 a.m. He cried because he was so tired and couldn't fall asleep. He kept tossing his cookies until all cookies were gone. He wasn't even holding down water. He started getting feverish around 5 a.m. I ended up putting him on the couch and turned on the dolphin novelty light (looks like electricity inside) on and let him stare at it to hopefully relax him enough for sleep. At 6, he had an accident with the runs and after cleaning that up I just couldn't stay awake anymore and woke up the Hunk for the morning shift. Around 10:30 a.m. the Hunk wakes me up and asks me if we have a thermometer because the Wee One was now feverish and throwing up. He had asked Daddy to put a Scooby-Doo band aid on his mouth because he didn't feel well.

I found the thermometer and took the Kidlet's temp. @ 100.0 and the Wee One refused to allow me to take his temperature. I gave the Kidlet some fever reducer and he's fallen asleep, thank goodness, for the last near 2 hours. I'm sure he's just exhausted from being up all night throwing up and dry-heaving. The Wee One is acting ok. He did start to fuss and whimper and ask me for a band aid for his mouth so I thought he was going to throw up and took him to the bathroom but he just had the runs.

I just hope that the rest of us don't get sick. I hate being sick. I hate throwing up. I hope that this bug doesn't last that long either… sick kids are heartbreaking.

No comments: