Thursday, July 05, 2007

First Real Post?

Or at least the first post in which, you know, isn't about coming back to Blogger. Well not entirely.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit the template sidebar with the new Blogger so, you basically get labels and archives. My "current" stuff such as reading, and the amount of money I've saved on PBS and my adoptions (sniff!) will just have to be a thing best saved for my actual website. To say that I don't really feel in my element/skin/home at Blogger is kind of an understatement. But it lets me blog, so.. that's why I'm here even though things feel kinda creepy being over here and sad at the same time.

I must admit though that pictures I think are going to be easier to post through Blogger. For example, new house pictures! Haven't you all been waiting for those? I thought so...



This is my living room (obviously) before we hung the pictures up. And this was after:



Here's my beautiful bookshelf with most of my books.


The first and fourth shelves with the paperback books are 2-deep. So there's an extra row of books behind those too. Most of my other hardcovers and trade paperbacks are in the china hutch. I had originally put all my hardcover books in there but the weight was too much on the middle shelf and it started to bow so I removed them and replaced them with figurines and knickknacks. I'll take a picture of it later.

Here are some pictures of the kitchen I took when we first moved in. I'd take a more recent picture of it now but I haven't done the dinner dishes (hee!)



I just love having a window in my kitchen!


The boys seem to love the spacious new kitchen as well. When we can afford a bigger table we'll put one in there but for now, we got them this $20 Cars table just so they could have something to eat at (and not on our lovely, clean carpet!)



Here is the hallway cupboards and as you can see, the Wee One is making himself right at home..



I'll have more pictures of the inside of the house later. I've decorated the boys bathroom as well as my own and I'll clean up my kitchen so you can see an "after" picture as well. Here are some pictures of the outside of the house.






I don't know if you can tell but we live in the very back corner of the complex on the far side. The sidewalk where we live dead ends back here so it is nice and quiet and no traffic at all except for the people that live in the apartments around me. My neighbors all seem to be nice. The people upstairs have a little Pomeranian (have you ever met a big Pomeranian?) and the Wee One *adores* that dog. The people next door to us have a daughter who is 6 and right around the Kidlet's age.

I'm going to close this post for now but I will have more pictures later as I also have some crochet projects on the hook that I want to share.

Later gang!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, the place looks amazing. It's cool that the kids have the grass and such to play on. :) I hope you are all doing well. Give my love to the kids and hubby. :) Call ya soon!