Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Doctor Visit

Well my doctor visit went better and worse than I expected. I'll get on with the better part because guys, I definitely can wait to relive the worse part.

The office was very large and had an entire toy section for children to play in as well as a very cool fish tank. I don't now how many of you know but the Hunk and I have recently bought a fish tank (The Kidlet's Christmas present, we get to do all the work.) and had a friend give us his bastard fish. We're doing really well with keeping on up on important things like.... feeding the bastard fish, changing out the filter, and keeping up with water changes. We've only had 1 casualty out of the 3 bastard fish that were given to us. The big, ugly (cause he is) bastard fish kept attacking the little fish and the sucker fish (who by the way aren't bastards) and well, the survival of the fittest. The litle one didn't make it.

I had somewhere I was going with this. Ah, yes, a point!

As I was saying, the office was nice. I only waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room before being led to the back for the joy and thrill of being weighed. 3 lbs. higher than I thought which isn't bad but I'm not going to tell you how far (or close) it was to my original weight. Not yet anyway (and I have another diary for all that ranting anyhoo).

They took the standard medical history and I was never left alone in the exam room for more than 10 minutes at a time. Which was great considering that I was there for an hour and a half. I was given breathing tests, treatments, then redo previous breathing tests. I had my stomach checked for a hernia and the doc, who was a very nice young pregnant woman, talked a bit.

And here (amazingly) is where the doctor's office visit Gods shined down on me. She said nothing about my weight. Nothing. No paper of ultimate wisdom and all-knowing. No "looks". No lectures, warnings, judgements, informatives, or editorials. Nothing.

But fortune can only shine for a moment before I open my fat mouth and bring up my own weight. I told her that sometimes it scared me to start working out again. I felt that I was so large now that I'd surely have a heart attack. To which she replied, "Nah." Then she told me if I was still worried though, that I could schedule a full physical and they'd do all the blood tests and stress test ect. To which I thought, "Nah." and that was that.

(Ok I didn't completely think "Nah." I just thought that, as in, "Nah, I don't want to schedule that right now because I'm very happy in denial land and to force me take a train to reality land is just something that ain't going to happen until I can get this cough knocked out and I can breathe again while simply sitting.")

I did have a quite embarrassing part of the visit though. One I'm not entirely sure I want to talk about because that would require telling you way to much about my bodily functions and the fact that said bodily functions decided that they must function now and I had no choice but to make a dash for the very unprivately located bathroom that sat directly infront of the nurses desk where all the doctors of the office (there's like 5 or more I swear) walk up to and away from, and that has that little hole cut out to which only a thin sheet of tin on a hindge is placed that you might shield your cup o' urine but not any gurgling or bubbling of one's stomach. Not to mention anything else resembling the sounds of baby zerberts or raspberries. The same bathroom that has 101 thousand hand sanitizers, because God forbid you leave with one single bastard germ on your hands but, is also completely devoid of any air sanitizer. If all this wasn't enough for you, I would like to inform you of the large waist-high (or taller on shorties like me) trash can directly outside of the bathroom door where you are walking out and it (being in the usual fashion of the universe to watch me die of embarrassment) seems that there's always going to be a doctor standing right in your way so that you can't open the door enough to get around the huge-ass trash can while trying to open the door as minimally as you can and for the least amount of time that you can. Oh no, you must wait for the doctor to say he's sorry and move out fo the way all while having to open the door wider and hoping to God that the green gaseous vapor doesn't come trailing out behind you even after you shut the door and lead them straight into the exam room that you just bolted into and restrained enough to not slam the door on.

I don't think I'm going to tell you that part, because guys, that part would be embarrassing.

So, what I was told was basically I'm on steriods for 5 days. I felt much better yesterday and I feel no better this morning. I hope the rest of the three days will be improvement. If I don't have any, I need to call them back. I also have a hernia and some "lumps" that I need to see a surgeon about to evaluate further. I have a surgical consultation on Tuesday afternoon.

That was my visit all in all. I hope, please, let me this medicine work!

I can't believe that it is the one year anniversary of our car accident. To think that in 3 short little days after that terrible day, we would be bringing our new baby boy home for the first time! Reading the entry on Mar 5th, I realize I was probably feeling that way because I was about to go in labor that night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennah! Geez, I didn't even know you moved! :) But, luckily I found your new spot and have bookmarked it. Your entries crack me up - but the dr. visit was the funniest...I can relate sister, you know this. :) Anywho, love the site! Let's chat soon - times flying by and the wee one's bday is here already!!! Wow, amazing! So glad I've been a part of it!