Saturday, July 04, 2009

Independence Day

Today was very fitting that it was Independence Day. Our first official weigh-in landed on today and I'm free from 2 more pounds off my body. Independence from weight! I'm really proud of how I am doing. I'm a bit scared to go on vacation for two weeks right as I'm gaining momentum but I know that it will be okay. I also know that no matter what happens in New Mexico, Carebear is not going to let me get away with not getting back on plan when I return.

And lucky me, I'm going to have text messaging while I'm gone so I'll be able to keep up with her the entire two weeks! You better not fall off the wagon missy! I will totally get Carson on you. And you know I can.

Also speaking of the 4th, my family and Carebear's all went to the local fireworks area here. There had to have been maybe almost 10k people there total. I couldn't get over how many people there were. We had such great seats to the fireworks show that my neck even got tired from looking up. They had patriotic music going through big speakers and it was so cool to watch the show while listening to a compilation of country songs and american-centric music. There was one part that had all these great men in our country's history saying their famous lines from their famous speeches. Kennedy, King, Jr., Roosevelt... I got goosebumps everywhere. So many great leaders have had such beautiful visions for the future of our country. I really felt proud to live in America at that moment. I usually do but it just was such a beautiful feeling to be there with all these people.

Well I'm exhausted, I've done too much walking today! Probably a little more than 2 miles for the round trip. 20 minutes there, 30 minutes back. That's a good 50 minute walking workout!

No comments: