Friday, July 03, 2009

Four days and counting

So I have four days of exercise and counting. I'm pretty proud of myself! I've been doing Biggest Loser BootCamp when Carebear comes over about once or twice a week and the other days I have done Denise Austin's Sizzler. I'm not exactly loving Sizzler, but it's something that makes me sweaty, heart racing, and where I get to use light weights (as of today I added them). It's also my old 'stand by'. Something I know works. I have other biggest loser videos that I can do but they are harder and without someone here pushing me to get through the workout I tend to shy away from them. Denise Austin is about what I can handle for most of the week. While working on the abs segment today, I got a charlie horse in my abs. It was horrible, horrible! When you get a cramp you can walk it off because most likely it's in your leg or foot. Feeling it in my upper abs was weird and ugly feeling and it hurt. I had to rub it and ended up not really able to finish the rest of the ab segment. Every crunch I did it'd tighten back up on me.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. I'm proud of myself for staying away from the scale. I truly am clueless as to what it might show. I can hope for certain numbers all I want but as I was talking with Carebear, she said it best. "I just want to see progress." and honestly, that's all I want to see too. I just want to see progress. I won't depend on the scale to make me feel all this hard work was worth it because honestly even without the scale, the hard work was worth it. It's about taking charge of my health and not just fitting into the 'perfect' size. Sure, I want to fit into that size but when it really comes down to it, I know that I'm doing all the things I need to be doing. I'm working out, I'm eating better and I'm keeping up my water intake. I've even started taking a multi-vitamin!

I'm going to workout sometime tomorrow and probably before I weigh. As much as I know that I've done a good job, psychologically I think I still want to work out before I weigh. That's how I've always done it, even the other times I tried to lose weight. I would work out and then go to Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. I just like that 'worked out' feeling. The blood rushing through you body giving it that zing! It makes me feel thinner.

I need to go start the laundry. I swear it is a mountain but I guess the only way to move a mountain is one rock at a time. In my case, one load at a time.

Later, Cookies!

No comments: