Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Surgery Tomorrow

Can you say scared? I can. J-e-n-n-a-h. I guess my last surgery didn't freak me out because it was more of an emergency thing and I had also been doped up on Morphine for 24 hours before it took place so I was feeling no anxiety there! (Btw, Morphine for that long with no food and coming off of it is horrendous and crappy)

I go in at 7:00 a.m. and I'm not allowed to have anything after midnight. Not even ice or gum. Gah! I just know that I'm going to get thirsty and hungry something aweful around midnight or after. Doesn't matter that for the past week or so I've been sleeping right through midnight. Yeah, I'm actually becoming a normal person! I've been sleeping 6-8 hours a night from around 9:00 until anytime after 4:00 a.m. roughly. Sometimes 3:00 and sometimes 6:30 a.m. At any rate. I'm sleeping.

So, where was I? Oh yes. I go in at 7:00 a.m. and my surgery is at 9:00. My SIL is going to take the Wee One tonight and keep him until Saturday sometime. The Hunk will be home with me on Friday. He has to go to work after he drops me off at home after the surgery. Yeah, I know it sucks but he tried to get the time off. I don't fault him at all. At least he can go in late if need be. He'll be working until at least midnight though. I'll have the Kidlet with me and although he still needs supervision, he's a little more self-reliant than the baby of course. My friend is also going to be bringing dinner and dessert so I don't have to worry that my family will starve. Me for that matter too!

So there are a few things that I forgot to update in The Wee People blog. Wee One is walking. He's been walking since his first step on March 12th. He doesn't walk very far without holding on to something but he doesn't have the fear of leaving a table or a leg behind to walk toward something else. Also, yesterday the Kidlet got a nasty cut on his ear. Pretty much nearly sliced down into the cartiledge. He was doing stuff I've told him 1000x not to, and jumping off the couch. I didn't see him and he lost his footing when he landed and hit a speaker/subwoofer that is very heavy. It looks horrid. I have pics but I don't want to gross you out. Why did I take pics you ask? Well because my friend's dad is a paramedic and he looked at the pics to tell me if I needed to go to the ER for stitches. I have several from every angle. Heh. No need to rush off to the hospital though. Just kept an eye on him, watched for signs of a concushion ect. He's fine.

Well I need to finish cleaning my house because I don't want a dirty house to come home to. I also don't want my friend to see a dirty house when she brings dinner over. Wish me luck yall. I'll update as soon as I can.

No comments: