Sunday, May 22, 2005

Yes, it has been this long

I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted either. Time just keeps going by so fast and before I know it, an entire month has passed.

Right now I'm at my sister-in-law's house. I spent the night with the boys here while the Hunk went shooting with the brother-in-law. He'll be back this afternoon to pick us up. The bed that I slept in last night was probably one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. It was only a full size but that was just perfect for just me and it was soft enough to be comfortable and firm enough to give support. I loved it. I wish I could take it home with me!

I'm pretty much recovered from the surgery. My scar itches a lot but other than that there is no real pain or discomfort. The boys (and I'm probably jinxing myself here) are NOT sick at the moment. Although the Kidlet did have a fever earlier in the week and missed some school.

He's finishing his first year of Kindergarten on Wednesday. Can you believe that an entire school year has gone by? I can't. Man, what a year it has been too. We've decided to hold him back one more year. Not because academically he's not up to par, he's in the top 10% of his class, but because maturity wise he could use another year and practice how to get along with the other kids. Also, his stamina and attention span are minimal and his teacher told us that the work load triples in first grade. We just don't feel he is ready for that yet. This too will also put him on track with the other kids in his classes throughout the years. Since he started school so young, if he were to go into first grade now, but the time he got into high school, there would be things like all his friends getting to drive and him having to wait another year. So.... overall we feel this is best for him. He started when he was 4 (turned 5 a few weeks later) so he was pretty young. He's the youngest in the class.

I can't really think of any more to say. The only other thing going on around here is that we are going to be taking a vacation from June 3-10 to New Mexico to visit my family. I can't say as I'm looking forward to the trip because of all the weight I have gained. I'm also not looking forward to traveling with 2 children. I think we are probably going to have to drive through the night while they are sleeping. There is also something going on with our car right now that the air conditioner vents are smoking. I hope that we can get it fixed in time before the trip because.... I'm not going with smelling that for 10-12 hours.

Oh I guess another big thing going on is that the Hunk has a job interview on Monday with another company. He is thinking of trying to get out of the business that he is in right now and try something different. It pays about 8k more a year, so keep your fingers crossed that he gets this new job. I think he's finally excited thinking about working somewhere else. He's been with his current job for 13 years and understadably it is very scary switching careers. Especially when he didn't think at 39 years old this is what he'd be doing. However, sometimes you just have to realize when it is time to leave and not stay just because there is a comfort level (and he isn't even that comfortable!) there.

So here's hoping!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck to Tommy! (just same 'ol same 'ol, right? ;) )

Anonymous said...

yay, jennah's alive! i was young in school too, and it kinda sucked when everyone could drive and i couldn't, or when all my friends could drink and i couldn't, etc. i think it's a good choice to keep him there with the kids his age. :)