Sunday, August 07, 2005

Moving on up....

My mood is moving on up anyway. Let's hope the scale isn't following suit! I completed day 2 of working out this week and I get a night off tomorrow! Woohoo!

I'm trying to do little things in my life that change up my routine and hopefully make me feel better. Even if it takes me until 6 p.m. to do them, I do! I brush my teeth 3 times a day now. I comb my hair everyday. Oh don't act like every single one of you comb your hair everyday. There's some Mom's out there that don't, admit it! I get dressed in real clothes everyday and I put my tennis shoes on everyday now. I make sure that my face is thouroughly cleansed twice a day and I lotion up after my shower which has become nightly.

I realized tonight, after showering that my bathroom sink has begun to look like my mother's. There's day creams, night creams, facial cleansers, cup of make up brushes, q-tips, cotton balls, cotton rounds, make-up, lip balms, deoderant and lotions.

I think that I'm beginning to get to that age that you realize, "Wow, they were right. It is so important to take care of your skin." I never cared before. You wake up, get dressed, comb your hair, brush teeth and out the door. Sure I went through my phases of getting some new promising cleanser but it was just never a habit with me. Now I'm noticing how delicate the skin is under your eye, how my pores are large and unrefined and how quickly blackheads creep up on you. The fact that at my age I'm still getting pimples regularly tells me that maybe it is time to pamper my face too. I've been doing just that since I started working out. I even invested in some new make up. Just normal make up from W@lm@rt. Carrie, I've bought make-up for myself maybe 4 times in my life. I need expert advice!

Well I'm off to bed. Beauty rest is good for the skin too. Night!

No comments: